After a beautiful first day of the Frank B Fuhrer Invitational at the Pittsburgh Field Club, it would be a David Bradshaw 63 that would be the difference. Sitting at eight-under par, Bradshaw has a four-stroke lead over Ryan Zylstra and five strokes beyond four other players.
- David Bradshaw -8 Harpers Ferry, WV Professional
- Ryan Zylstra -4. Richmond, Va Professional
- Jay Woodson -3. Powhatan, Va Professional
- Mike Van Sickle -3. Wexford, Pa Professional
- T.J. Howe -3. Bellefonte, Pa Professional
- Spencer Mellon -3. Palm Beach Gardens, Fl Professional
- Daniel McCarthy -1. Syracuse, NY Professional
- Jamie Sindelar -1. Horseheads, NY Professional
- Easton Renwick +1. Dubois, PA Professional
- Michael Gligic +1. Kitchener On, Professional
The seven-under par round from Bradshaw was the best round of the day by far but could not have happened without a big close as he would birdie five of the final 9 holes. Those birdies came on holes five-through-nine.
With rounds of 69 and 67, a 4-under first day puts Zylstra in second place and within striking distance. Of the players in the chase, Mike Van Sickle is the only local within shouting distance.
The Field Club was in beautiful shape and it played that way today. Below are some images from the first day of the event.